On one Sunday afternoon, a young college student offered to come with us and bring his guitar and lead the group in familiar hymns. When we were assembled and ready to sing, there was no guitar player in sight. So we began to sing Amazing Grace acapella. Just as we finished, 'There's no less days to sing God's grace than when we'd first begun', the young man joined us.
He had gone into a patient's room to invite the woman and found that she was too sick to be moved. He listened and then asked if he could pray for her. He felt led to pray for the peace of God to surround her and comfort her.
With tears streaming, the patient told him she had prayed all day that God would send someone to visit her and that he would pray for her.
It reminded me of all the times Jesus would stop to bless one person, and He still cares for each of us today.

9 comments :
It only takes 1 person to make a difference. Hope you have a nice Friday.
Beautiful. God is Love!
Hello, it is wonderful you and your church members are able to visit the nursing home patients. I am sure they love having visitors. Enjoy your day and weekend!
This was for sure a small miracle. Well of course there are no SMALL miracles! What a wonderful ministry this is.
I spent my growing up and teen years visitng the nursing homes with daddy every Sunday afternoon. we would do what you describe here, sometimes daddy and I would harmonize I come to the Garden alone, and Old Rugged cross. they loved it and we did to.... that is how I knew to volunteer for 8 years when I retired in 2006. you and I share so many memories together but far apart
Hi Karen!I love reading your posts...God bless you and your family and keep all of you safe.Hugs!
That was wonderful for the lady to have her prayer answered and the young man came to her side.
I did that for many years going into nursing homes, working in nursing homes. The Lord put me into so many miracles visiting the elderly.
I could write a book how the Lord used me and still does.
I now live in a Senior building and so many things open your eyes to reach out.
We have a nursing home not far. A hospital so close. Our town has so many caregiver seniors , young, teens that are doing what you do. And church members.
It's such a special thing to spend time with the elderly, take care of them, love them, and especially pray for them. : )
~Sheri
Lovely story. What a blessing that young man was.
Post a Comment