I once heard a story about a family gathered around the bed of their dying grandfather. The elderly man began to recite the twenty-third psalm. His family members shed tears as he recalled those precious words: The Lord is my Shepherd..
Later one of the young children asked his mother, "When I memorized that Psalm, you all clapped and smiled, but when grandpa quoted it, you cried. Why?"
"When we are very young, we know the Psalm, but when we are older, we know the Shepherd."
Later one of the young children asked his mother, "When I memorized that Psalm, you all clapped and smiled, but when grandpa quoted it, you cried. Why?"
"When we are very young, we know the Psalm, but when we are older, we know the Shepherd."

11 comments :
so true and this is beautiful...
Excellent!
Karen, What a teaching post. You are so good to help us see things. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
That's a nice story, Karen. And how very special to know the Lord when we are very young too. Your Header picture is so pretty. It is enchanting with the Autumn leaves and the little bridge.
Enjoy these last days of October.
~Sheri
What a lovely story, and so true.
This brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing and SO TRUE! HUGS!
So so true! Every time I read the scriptures, something new pops up at me or new insight. have a great weekend!
I do like your new header photograph, especially the way the light works …
'The book widens and deepens with our years' I like these words.
All the best Jan
Beautiful story Karen! Wishing you a peaceful Sunday.
Oh my...that is so profound. Yes...the 23rd Psalm takes on new meaning the older I get,and the closer I get to "The Shepherd". So thankful to have this dear Shepherd leading me today...
This is so good to read tonight Karen, thank you!
xx oo
Carla
Post a Comment