Perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Fanny Crosby (1820-1915)
Micah 7:18
I met a lady in a store and we were looking at stuffed animals. We got to talking about our children, and she also had a young child who had died. Suddenly she asked me, "How can I know that I will see my child again in Heaven?"
The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the account of the repentant thief on the cross next to Jesus. (Luke 23:43) He did not do anything to earn eternal life. It was a free gift just because he believed in Jesus' promise of forgiveness.
Thank You, Jesus, for pardoning me!
9 comments :
That is a Wonderful gift and promise, available to all who believe and ask. "Even the vilest transgressor."
I cannot thank Him enough for saving me from a devil's hell. I love the song you posted too.
Beautiful songs by Fanny Crosby. I cannot imagine losing a young child. So hard.
How would we even get through life without this promise? A few years ago, I heard that Christianity is the only religion that has grace. All others, you have to do something to earn rewards.
perfect verse for that grieving mother, This day you will be with me in paradise...
Karen, Losing loved ones is so hard...hard to understand even now in my old age...but I trust our Lord to bring us together again . We are loved. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
Feliz verano y buen mes de agosto.
That's so strange, cause I was watching a program last night, and it talked about the man on the cross next to Jesus, and how he showed faith. I think you were there at just the right time when the lady needed to talk while browsing through the stuffed animals. : )
~Sheri
Our faith and belief in His promise is what sustains us.
Post a Comment