Sunday, August 5, 2018

May Jesus Christ Be Praised

I was playing the piano and came across an old German hymn:

When morning gilds the skies
My heart awaking cries
May Jesus Christ be praised.
Alike at work and prayer
To Jesus I repair
May Jesus Christ be praised.

When e'er the sweet church bell
Peals over hill and dell,
May Jesus Christ be praised.
O hark to what it sings,
As joyously it rings,
May Jesus Christ be praised!

Kaedyn came to visit for a little while and she was working on a coloring a poster of Philippians 4:4.

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.

With the windows open, we could hear church chimes floating on the breeze.

10 comments :

Nonnie said...

Beautiful song lyrics and photos.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful lyrics. When I lived in Canton, I could hear church bells and it was delightful. Glad Kaedyn could visit. Wishing you a nice evening.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We know this hymn! It is beautiful. Phil plays hymns on the piano, too. But in church, he is more comfortable with the accordion. What a beautiful steeple in front of the pink clouds. And a stunning header!

Susie Swanson said...

So beautiful and I don't recall ever hearing it. It has such beautiful words. Hope you enjoy your week.

Susie said...

Karen, That is a nice song and the pictures are so pretty. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That is a new song to me, but the lyrics are beautiful. I know you were happy to have a visit from Kaedyn. Happy new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely words, images and sky. Listening to the church chimes is peaceful. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that rose is breathtaking, as is the song... glad you had a visit with your granddaughter.

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, I have to say first off that the beautiful Pink rose made my heart sing. How fun for Kaedyn to always have projects at your house to create and imagine and enjoy. I can hear the church chimes from here, so lovely.

~Sheri

Connie said...

Beautiful lyrics. I love the rose in your header--wow, so gorgeous!

Blog Archive