Thursday, August 2, 2018

Everybody Otter Love Otters

You otter enjoy this August weather.
Jump in.
It's otter nonsense not to.

When my two oldest children were small, we would often visit the wildlife sanctuary. The kids got a real kick out of watching the river otters create their own slip-and-slide on the muddy river bank.
Over and over the otters would climb out of the water, run and slide and splash into the creek again.

14 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I can just see some children doing the same thing as the Otters! Have a blessed day!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I once saw a show at SeaWorld that had otters and seals and they were amazing. I do love seeing them. we have them at the park close to our house but it is a rare sighting, have to be there at just about daybreak. I saw them once but to dark for photos

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the otter is cute. Everyone should love each and be kind.

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

Arlene G said...

They are the funniest animals!! Just watching a video of them online will make anyone smile. I have heard they sleep holding hands.....

Patsy said...

When we had small children ,life was more fun.
Now that we are old we can look back and think
we just didn't know we were having fun.
Happy Thursday!

Nonnie said...

Otters are fun to watch. Like your puns.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Who doesn't love otters! I think of all the animals, they exhibit the most pure joy of life! They have very strong family bonds, too. They all need to be close to stay safe.

L. D. said...

They are silly and slippery. They are fun when they poke their heads up out of the water just to check out things.

Doris said...

Otters are a bunch of fun to watch! Wanting summer to s.l.o.w down :/ It's going way too fast, as usual.
Hope you are enjoying a pleasant Thursday evening, Karen!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, he's such a cute fellow. They sure know how to have fun slippin' and slidin' down the muddy river bank. Great memories of your children at the wildlife sanctuary, Karen.

~Sheri

Stephanie said...

Oh my, this was just the cutest! I hope you are well and enjoying your summer. Happy August. Hugs!

Theresa said...

Cute post:) Enjoy your day, perhaps hit the slip-in-slide... I could go for that:) HUGS!

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
Otter are my favorite to watch too. I just love them. We saw three during a recent canoe trip along the riverbank.
xx oo
Carla

Connie said...

It's fun to watch animals play the way children do. Makes me smile.

Blog Archive