Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away!
O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
In the secret places of the cliff,
Let me see your face,
Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
And your face is lovely.
Song of Solomon 2:14
When troubles surround us
when evils come
The body grows weak
The spirit grows numb
When these things beset us,
God doesn't forget us
He sends down His love
On the wings of a dove
On the wings of a snow-white dove
He sends His pure sweet love
A sign from above
On the wings of a dove
Ferlin Husky

7 comments :
Love that old song...and the Song of Solomon verses. I don't know that I've ever seen a true snow white dove...I would love to. We have plenty of the other kind, however. I think God sends us His love in so many beautiful ways. So thankful.
An old hymn but one I love!
A beautiful post, Karen. We all used to sing that old song as a family...I always loved it. Have a blessed day!
i love that old hymn to. beautiful words. at 7 am we were getting out of the car to go inside for bob's doc appt today, and the doves were callig and it sounded so good, i had to stop and listen.
We love to hear that old song but to hear it we have to
go to YouTube. They never sing it in church.
I have always loved that hymn.
Wonderful words ...
All the best Jan
Post a Comment