The sound of 'gentle stillness'
after all the thunder and wind
have passed
will be the ultimate Word from God.
Jim Eliot 1927-1956
Jim Eliot 1927-1956
The gentle breeze of the Holy Spirit captures our attention so we can listen for the still small voice of our loving Father. It is He who will enable us to endure as seeing Him Who is unseen.
Yesterday, I tried to get in a short walk between the rain showers.
I could smell the sweetness of spring after the rain.

15 comments :
Thanks for the inspiration, Karen.
WOW! I can feel the smell from here. I would have been a good experience:)
the world does smell clean and pure after a hard rain. especially at the beach, hot sun, then a storm and then more sun and the smell is wonderful. glad you could get out a little
Beautiful.
We have not been able to walk the dog, and we are missing the outdoors. It is a pretty time of year.
My mom used to smell rain before it came. Today, the Jim Eliot quote is my favorite, so beautiful!! And since it is pouring rain here (I had to re-schedule my doctor appointment) I am going to put this quote on our prayer and information line!! I know everyone will LOVE it! you find the best quotes!! And write the best poems.
Sometimes when things don’t go the way I think they should have, I do just seek the silence and am reminded of who is in control.
Yes, I know what you mean ... our surroundings so often smell cleaner and sweeter after some rain.
All the best Jan
It's wonderful that you take short walks, Karen. I've been wanting to do that before it gets too hot. There is a gentle breeze here today too.
~Sheri
So beautiful and I love the fresh smell after a rain as well.
Praying for a few rain-free days so I can be outside for a bit. I always used to like to smell the rain on sidewalks! The good old days.
We had a recent storm that caused one of my oak trees to fall across my drive way. My daughter called a tree service who came and cut it down and also cut the wood so I could give it away. They are coming tomorrow to remove another Oak tree that is in danger of falling.
We also had hail that stayed on the ground and at first I thought it was snow. I am glad you were able to get out for a short walk. Rain is something we need at times, we just do not like the storm part of it.
Yes, we had rain all day Monday, and it was so refreshing. Everything is so green and lovely now. We also took little walks between the showers, and enjoyed the fresh rain scent. So delightful. God refreshes our souls with the "rain" of His Holy Spirit. Praise God for His "showers of blessing".
Karen, We had the rain also. But today is to bring us some sunshine and dry days. I do love the fresh air of spring also. I am so ready to open the windows...but it's not been that warm yet. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie
Lovely Karen, as always.
Carla
Wonderful scriptures. I love the smell of the air after a rain.
Post a Comment