Here's something to think about. Someday Jesus will call us home to be with Him. And even after all He has done for us, He will welcome us as his honored guests!
The Bible tells us: "The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, Jesus himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat!"
Luke 12:37 New Living Translation
15 comments :
How nice that your mother put out her good china and silver when she had guests. My mom was very informal with all who came to her house, but she fed everyone graciously. And I remember polishing her silver too, although she didn't use it that often. : )
I love your stories, Karen.
~Sheri
Love the purple!
This is a beautiful memory. I think your mother would be proud.
Lovely memory of your mother. I have similar memories of my mother when we had company too. Have a wonderful day!
Such a special memory of a wonderful mother & her heart for serving! Lovely post, Karen!
Your header is gorgeous! Your mom must have had the manners of a true lady.
That is a lovely memory ...
Thanks for sharing.
All the best Jan
My mother also used her best china and crystal, etc. for company and for our holidays and birthdays. We didn't have a dishwasher...it was up to us to get it done. I was thinking about this today...I have so many dishes and when we have a lot of company we use paper...it seems such a shame...but I hate to make people stand there and wash dishes. Most things go in the DW, but not everything. I need to start using them more often and enjoy them like my mother did and make people feel special. but it is the fellowship and atmosphere of welcome and love that makes them feel special...not necessarily the dishes...but it is still a nice thing to do. Jesus will put on an apron and serve us in heaven...what a delightful thought! He may even wash our feet. Amazing thought. Thank you for these pictures in my mind today.Our Jesus adores His children. We are His special "guests".
My grandmother cooked for us and she was the kind, you didnt get in the kitchen with her. We set the table, and cleaned the table, but no china or crystal...lol Your purple is so pretty, and I look forward to sitting at the table with my Lord.
Hello Karen, lovely memory of your Mom. My mother was always happy to have company over, I remember helping to get things ready too. Enjoy your day and weekend!
Very powerful message and a lovely memory of your mother.
Memories of company and good times of fellowship with friends and family enjoying nice china and silver. Love your story and your photos.
My mom was gracious and loved having people over. She made great preparation. Bless her heart though, she had to serve her dinners on our everyday dishes and flatware, usually mismatched. I don't think anybody noticed because everybody loved my mom. I so wanted her to have better and the first year I was working, I bought her a set of nice dishes. She was so pleased. I am looking forward to sitting at the table in Heaven for a meal with our Lord. I know it will be so beautiful.
I love the memory you are sharing! Gd bless you. Have a blessed Sunday!
Karen, we enjoy having others over. It is always a blessing to set up the table special for friends. Some have never even had sit down meals. I find that sad. We have one family who eats all diners in front of the TV!
Thank you for sharing,
Carla
A servants heart is so wonderful. I had a wonderful young Christian friend who suffered over not having such a giving hear. I tried to be the best example that I could.
Post a Comment