
Granddaughter Kaedyn likes to play store when she visits, and it's a good opportunity for her to learn to make change. It reminded me of when I was teaching second grade.
Back then I would run the class store on Friday, where the students got to spend the tickets they earned that week for good behavior.
One little seven year old, who was a real wheeler-dealer, tried to hand me 5 tickets for an item that cost 10. "No, sir," I told him.
In a few moments he came through the line again with the same item and same 5 tickets - now torn in half - which he carefully counted into my hand from 1 to 10.
I gave him "the teacher look".
With his most serious face, he inquired, "Is there a problem?"
15 comments :
Cute story! I am sure Kaedyn enjoys playing store with you!
Happy Monday, enjoy your day!
Little kids are too cute😊 Have a beautiful day dear Karen, hugs!
that is to funny. wonder if he grew up to become a con artist. i love this story...
Funny! Good that it wasn't real money!
Love it! As Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids Say the Darndst Things"!
Like Sandra said in her comment....he is probably a con artist today!
That little guy was smart, and is no doubt a used car dealer now. Or a riverboat gambler. What a delightful thing this was to do; the kids must have loved it!
How fun that Kaedyn plays store when she visits. Thanks for the story today, Karen. Kids sometimes try to get more than they are given, don't they?
~Sheri
Oh my goodness! What a story! What a "clever" little boy! I do hope he found positive ways to use his "cleverness" for good!! Love this whole post. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face this afternoon!!
That's a great story, made me laugh. :)
Hahaha! Little stinker. :)
Karen, That is a funny but sweet story. The sad truth is some kids can not make change. I talking about older kids that work in eating establishments. If the computer's down they have a hard time. Do you miss your teaching? I think some teachers are always teaching , like you are to your granddaughter.:):) Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
LOL - oh Karen, I do love when you share your stories. This was fun!
Loved reading about your teacher experiences & a clever entrepreneur!
Kids, what can one say. I even remember in 2nd grade playing store. It is a good way to learn.
Post a Comment