
In 1969, homeward bound aboard the "Yankee Clipper" command module, the Apollo 12 astronauts took this dramatic photograph of the Sun emerging from behind the Earth.

One of our friends returned from a mission trip in Reykjavik, Iceland, telling how it was light there in June from 3:00 AM until midnight. 21 hours a day!

This gorgeous sunset is from Norway, where for short time, weather permitting, it remains light for 24 hours.
I have to admit - I am so much more upbeat and active on a sunny day, even if it is cold outside.
I see that the east coast is expecting a blizzard this week. I pray they don't have power outages.
11 comments :
The images are gorgeous! Yes, some sun would be good right now! I hope the weather will be good where you are.
Enjoyed the pictures from different parts of our world. My whole attitude is better on sunny days as well. Hope your Thursday is a 'sunny' one!
i am with you on praying for the no power outage for my friends and family. these photos are extraordinary and i to love sunshine and light. i am not a night time person, but i would have trouble sleeping if there was no dark
Beautiful pictures! I also love a good sunshiny day:) Stay warm and cozy dear friend, HUGS!
Hello, the sunset is gorgeous. Lovely scenes and sky. I would love to visit Norway. I hope everyone in this storm's path stay warm and safe. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!
Karen the sun is shining here but SO COLD!! I am ready for the temps to climb back into the 40s and 50s which is normal for this time of the year. Did you see that is SNOWED in Savannah GA???
Me, too! I am on the east coast. So far, so good. We are snowed in, but warm.
Lovely the light shots. Would LOVE to visit these places one day.
The sunset from Norway is beautiful. How interesting that for a short time it remains light there for 24 hours. I don't see the sunsets that often, but I sure do experience and love the sunrises here. : )
I hope the new year is being good to you, Karen.
~Sheri
The photos are beautiful. I am also a sunshine person. My day just seems to go better when it is sunny outside. Hope you stay safe and warm.
Fantastic images, what gorgeous colours.
All the best Jan
Your photos are lovely, but I am not sure I would want daylight for such a long time. Very interesting sun sets.
Post a Comment