Pastor Ben Phillips, in his farewell sermon to his congregation before being deployed to the Korean conflict in 1951 says:
"Our own power isn't enough to get us through the difficult times.
Inevitably some things happen that make us see that our power is limited
but God's power is infinite. All He requires of me is one simple prayer:
'Not my will but Yours, Lord.'
I accept whatever it is that You have chosen for me.
Though none go with me still I will follow
No turning back."
8 comments :
Beautiful and passionate words. I have not heard of this movie.
Not my will, but yours... I needed to hear that! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
I must look up that movie. The pastor's advice is as much needed today as t was back then.
Thanks for sharing!
your blog looks beautiful today and those words are also beautiful and very inspirational
I haven't seen 'Though None go with me' yet. Now, I'm curious. I love movies about history, and I'll have to see it sometime. Thanks, Karen, and have a sweet Wednesday.
~Sheri
I don't know this movie, but I can appreciate the accompanying inspiring words.
Come by and see my post tomorrow if you get a chance. I think you will enjoy it. It reminded me of Cameron who is visiting the Holy Land. : )
~Sheri
It is a timely message with the Veterans Day around the corner. I remember one of my school mates, older by two years, who was a strong Christian and went to Vietnam. He went in asking to be non combative so they had him drive supply trucks. Bombs kill non combative soldiers too. I think of him ever Veterans Day as he died in Christ while obeying the orders of the country.
Post a Comment