Pickled peaches and spiced apple rings
Candied yams and good green beans,
Cornbread dressing and sweet iced tea,
And pecan pie baked just for me.
Grandma in her apron,
Flitting all about,
Grandpa greeting kinfolk,
"Come in this house!" he'd shout.
Young'uns in the kitchen,
Cousins acting silly.
Grown-ups 'round the dining table
"Ask the blessing, Papa Billy."
I'm missing all the loved ones
Who once gathered around
But thankful for the love we shared
And the faith that they passed down.
14 comments :
I LOVE this poem. You put into words what I often reflect on this time of the year. Have a good day. xo
this is perfect, I have not seen it before and it says it all... every word of it, but just change the names a little... I love love love spiced peaches, even the ones from walmart
Oh, I love the poem...wishing things were that way again.
Thanks for the poem. You brought back some wonderful memories.
This is a nice poem, Karen. Your Grandma made lots of goodies at Thanksgiving. I really miss pecan pie. Haven't had it in awhile.
I am lovin' your Autumn Header today. Oh, those colors!
~Sheri
Your autumn header is so lovely and what a great poem reminding us of happy times and dear ones!
OOOHHHhhh!!! Your gorgeous header!! I want to live in this house forever. And the poem is a perfect companion to it. Stunning!
Love the poem. Guess we'll be having Thanksgiving at my house this year!
What a great memory of Thanksgiving at Grandma' house. What great days those were. Granny telling everybody where to sit and the kids at the kids table and all that great food! And her pumpkin pie.
What wonderful images this poem conjures up... just lovely
Phoebe x
Your poem is beautiful and the photo is awesome. This year my husband Robert will not be with us, but I wanted all the children to come here for Thanksgiving. They have other plans for Christmas so this will be a wonderful time.
This is just beautiful. Brings a smile to my face, and gratitude to my heart.
What a heartwarming poem! I really like this.
I loved this poem, so warm and sweet.
Blessings~
Post a Comment