Sunday, October 29, 2017

I found this picture of old mason jars online and it reminded me of grandmother and her sisters canning vegetables, and making preserves all summer. Then the pantry shelves would be lined with an abundance from the garden for the winter ahead.

God is able to make all grace abound toward you, 
that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, 
may have an abundance for every good work. 
2 Corinthians 9:8

7 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I always loved going to my mother in law's house and seeing all that she had canned and the jars lined up. God will provide.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this bible verse! What a sweet memory these bottles bring! I must post my kitchen windowsill, I have lots of blue bottles. Wonderful header!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the verse and the pretty mason jars. The blue colored are my favorites. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I spent my growing up years helping mother can the stuff my daddy grew. our basement was walls of these jars full of beans and squash, tomatoes and peas, jam and jelly and preserves. she even made watermelon preserves.

a joyful noise said...

My mother and grandmother did this too. I did more freezing than canning.

Home from my trip to Israel, tired, and must catch up soon. Thank you for your prayers.

Christine said...

What fond memories to cherish! I love seeing shelves of canning jars!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your grandmother's canned preserves sound wonderful, Karen. You don't see canned goods much any more, and they're so Yummy. This is a cool picture of the mason jars.

~Sheri

Blog Archive