Saturday, October 7, 2017

Bigger than any mountain

Know that your Father God will never ever leave you nor forsake you. He has not called you to walk alone. He is offering for you to lean upon His strong arm, to lean on His understanding, and to rest in His word.

I am praying for a missionary friend who has served for decades with her family in Africa. Now in her 60's, caring for her elderly parents, she is battling depression and discouragement.

All of us go through valleys. I am so thankful to have friends and family who have lifted me up.

When I heard from my missionary friend today, these lyrics came to mind:

Bigger than all my problems, Bigger than all my fears
God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see
Bigger than all my questions, Bigger than anything
God is bigger than any mountain that I can or cannot see 

8 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

Seems like she needs someone to take care of her and pamper her a bit, like she has been doing for others for so long. Your header is gorgeous!!! Sun flooding the valley!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadSnapper n Beau said...

beautiful song and perfect. being a caregiver is really hard, depression is easy to fall into because life gets harder and harder and the older we are the harder it is to cope, even with our own lives much less caring for older parents. God Bless her and lift her up

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful post and lyrics. I will add your friend to my prayers. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

Patsy said...

We have many retired Missionary's living here and
love to hear them tell about their life in the field.
It takes courage on and off the missionary field.
I sure look up to them as God's gift, just to know them.

GrammaGrits said...

I needed this today, as my husband and I are caring for his mom who has a terminal diagnosis and probably a short time to live. Thanks for sharing.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm sorry your friend is battling depression right now. It's such a difficult thing to take care of aging parents. I know well, as me and my brothers and sister were the caretakers of my parents when they were sick. That's wonderful that she was a missionary serving the people in Africa. May God comfort her during this hard time. : )

~Sheri

Arlene G said...

You are right Karen..life is a series of valleys and mountain tops.

Blog Archive