I love the blue wildflowers that grow in the fields here, alongside Queen Anne's lace. There was still a morning mist when I went to walk. It was refreshingly cool with a gentle breeze.
I found a nice wooded trail and I enjoyed the many different bird songs.
This is my Father's world:
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.
Maltbie Babcock
14 comments :
I love this hymn! And what a beautiful walk you had. The blue flowers may be chicory? You can leave this header on forever, and I wouldn't mind at all.
Such pretty pictures of your peaceful walk. This is one of my all time favorite hymns. I love Amy Grant's version. Love you.
Such a peaceful, yet refreshing trail for a morning walk. Counting our blessings.
Love, Jan
Hello, what a lovely walk. I love to listen to the birds early in the morning.
The hymnn is beautiful. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!
Oh what a lovely walk! And yes, I love that hymn! Haven't heard it in a long time...I need to look it up in my hymnbook and sing along! Perfect! Have a blessed day, enjoying our "Father's World"!
I have not heard this song in many, many years. yet I remember the tune. a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the birdsong
How pretty Karen...It lifted my spirits just seeing your pictures.
Such a lovely, tranquil scene. Queen Anne's lace always makes me think of my grandpa's property on the east coast. I tried growing it in my garden one year, but it didn't do nearly as well in our dry climate.
Your morning walk sounds nice, Karen, especially since it was cooler with a breeze. There's just something about blue flowers that are so beautiful.
~Sheri
I enjoy walking for the same reason as you, Karen...enjoying nature along the way. :) I think Queen Anne's Lace, too. When our children were small we would gather it, place it in a container of water with some food coloring. They loved watching the Queen Anne's Lace turn whatever color of food coloring we had added to the water. :)
How beautiful is God's creation, and what a lovely hymn.
I have always loved nature and birds singing, especially the blackbird.
I enjoy your awesome photos and the poem by Maltbie Babcock is inspiring.
Beautiful words....
Lovely pictures and post. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Post a Comment