In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.
Psalm 5:3
I have been enjoying some biographies on my Kindle. I am inspired by George Muller, who obeyed God by opening an orphanage in the 1800's in Bristol, England, caring for 10,000 children in his lifetime. He trusted God to provide, and never tried to raise money himself, and God did provide.
His faith that God would provide for the orphans, was the same faith that assured him that he was a child of God, forgiven, on the basis of God's promises in His Word in John 3:16.
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
9 comments :
Thank you for sharing this. What a powerful testimony.
I wish you a very nice day. Love you.
"and God did provide."
That, right there, says it all.
He sounds like a wonderful and caring man. Your flags and flag background are beautiful!
Hello, George Muller sounds like a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead. Happy 4th of July!
Sounds like George was a man of strong faith. I hope you have a nice holiday.
This orphanage you mentioned here reminds me of Saint Phillip Neri and all his efforts in trying to care for the children. Such wonderful people, having faith in God to take care of their needs.
Karen, this is my very favorite verse (in red). It means so much to me.
~Sheri
I have never heard of George Muller...if I remember I will look him up.
Beautiful story, love your flags.
I learned the verse in first grade so I could win a free bible. It didn't take until I was in college and then I began my walk with everlasting life.
Post a Comment