Thursday, July 6, 2017

Unspeakable Joy

Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glory without fault and with unspeakable joy, to the only God, our Savior, be glory and majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before time was, now, and in all ages to come, amen. Jude 24-25

When my youngest would be in the children's hospital, he loved for me to play worship songs on the little tape recorder. He loved Marty Nystrom's songs. Our doctor and the nurses would come in and comment on the peace they felt in his room.

I was having arthritis pain this morning and feeling sorry for myself, and remembering Caleb clapping his hands to this song cheered me up!

16 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

At times, sweet memories can help more than we even realize. Hope you feel better soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, I am sorry you are in pain. I am glad this song can cheer you up. I hope you feel better soon! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Dianna said...

Karen, thank you so much for sharing this song and why it is so special to you and your family. And what a testament it was to those caring for your son when he was in the children's hospital.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so happy for you that you remembered to find the song. just what you needed. I love youtube for times like this

Debby Ray said...

This is such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your heart. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have not heard of this singer. I am so sorry you are in pain! where is your arthritis? I have it in my back and knee. I hope you have a way to alleviate the pain. Your new header is unique and beautiful.

Patsy said...

Hoping you do feel better soon.
Hugs

Susie said...

Hi Karen, I know that arthritic pain. That was a beautiful song, I am so glad your son loved hearing it. I try to be thankful even in pain, it's so hard at times...but some people can't walk, and even tough my ankles hurt I can still walk. I am blessed. Wishing you great blessing and sending hugs, xoxo, Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, I'm so sorry Caleb had to be in the children's hospitals. Something as simple as a song can really do wonders for us. My mom had arthritis, and was in pain at times also. I do hope you feel better.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Music blesses me so much. Thank you for sharing this video. I hope you will have a pleasant and restful evening. I love you.

Sandi said...

I was just looking for some gospel music...thanks! :)

When was your youngest in the hospital?

Carla from The River said...

Sending a HUG, Karen.
I did not feel well yesterday. I had an awful headache. It is true, a song can help and just resting with the Lord.
Love, Carla

L. D. said...

When we lose people we do have to cling to those good times and good feelings. I too have my fingers of both hands giving me way too much trouble. When I work to hard they joints and muscles really do rebel. I have had to shut down most work activity the past four days and things are some better. The verse you share is wonderful.

Theresa said...

SUCH JOY:) Hope you are feeling better today! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I just read your newer post about Caleb, and then came back to read this, and this brought "such joy" to my heart, thinking about your sweet Caleb...and how this must have ministered to everyone to see him clapping his hands and enjoying this praise music. Thank you for sharing this with us. I am blessed by this story and this song.

Connie said...

I'm sorry to hear you are having arthritis pain, but I'm glad this memory cheered you and gave you joy. Hugs to you.

Blog Archive