Friday, July 28, 2017

Singing Time

I wake in the morning early
And always the very first thing
I poke out my head
And I get up in bed
And I sing and I sing and I sing!
Rose Fyleman

It is nice to wake up hearing the birds sing their happy songs. This morning God was reminding me that it is the Holy Spirit who reveals God's love and care to each of us. We can't earn His love, purchase His forgiveness, or understand His ways in our own strength.  But by His Spirit, I can sing, because "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me".

14 comments :

Sandi said...

Amen! Karen, this was wonderful. I woke up this morning in a tent. Birds were not singing yet or maybe I just didn't notice. Kinda wish I had...

Ginny Hartzler said...

And indeed these are adorable sparrows! I love to awaken to birds singing, too. So much better than an alarm clock.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, lovely post. I do love to wake hearing the birds singing. It gives me a peaceful feeling. Love the sparrow photo. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

likeschocolate said...

Hello fellow Atlantan. Hope summer is treating you well! Love the quote. Just sing, sing, sing! Choose like and happiness!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your evening. This is such a sweet and uplifting post. I am usually up early and it's cool enough to open my window so I can hear the birdsong. Hope you have a nice weekend. Love you.

Susie said...

Karen, I love this post. I love hearing the birds. Blessings to you for a great weekend. xoxo, Susie

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You are so wise, and always make me think and then be thankful.

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful, Karen. I always appreciate your inspiration.
Carla

Nonnie said...

I too love to listen to the birds early in the morning when I walk. The other evening we had about 6 or 7 baby birds flitting about a hanging basket learning to fly. They were making the sweetest sounds.

Rose said...

I am always amazed...the birds are usually singing before daylight. We all should take a leaf out of their book...

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I do love a good trio and this one is 'adorable'.

Red Rose Alley said...

I smiled when I first saw your Header, Karen. I love the sweet birds and often give them bits of my loaf in the morning. Yes, the Holy Spirit is good to us. The birds and the animals, and even the wind speaks to us, if only we listen.

Have a peaceful weekend.

~Sheri

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen! Just keep on singing!! "i sing because I'm happy! I sing because I'm free! For His eye is on the sparrow, and I KNOW He watches me!" Love that song. Can still hear Ethel Watters singing it at the Billy Graham crusades years ago. That has always stuck with me! Thank you for this reminder to SING praises to our King!!!

Connie said...

Cute picture. I love hearing the birds sing early in the morning.

Blog Archive