Thursday, July 13, 2017

Led by God's Spirit

It's the voice of the Lord that will guide us.
He knows when it's time to move
and when we should stay put.
God's children don't make decisions just by what they can
see or hear or feel.
We are called to do what our heavenly
Father tells us to do.
We are not to be led by circumstances or situations,
but by the Spirit of God.
We live by faith, not by sight.

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; 
he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 
Psalm 55:22

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away.
He holdeth me up
And I shall not be moved.
He giveth me strength as my day.
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
And covers me there with His hand.
Fanny Crosby

17 comments :

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Listening as I type, so beautiful, you find all the songs we used to sing in church many moons ago.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, This is the most beautiful video! Thank you for sharing Fanny Crosby's lyrics. I wish you a wonderful day, sis. Love you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, love this psalm. I do live by faith. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Theresa said...

Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Beautiful layout on your blog today. Beautiful song and psalm.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How beautiful and true! I also love your new header today, especially the gorgeous winding river. What is this river?

Patsy said...

Lovely! I listen to these songs on you tube, wonderful to have
them any time.They lift me up when I am down.

Connie Smiley said...

Love that song, Karen. It was such a blessing to hear it today. Thank you!

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, I just saw a bracelet today on a friend's blog that said "we live by faith, not by sight." Those are wonderful words, aren't they? Love the nature photos on your Header today.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps... the bracelet actually said, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." It would be so lovely to wear. I wish I could find one like that here.

Rose said...

Your posts are inspirational...

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Thank you for these words today...they go along with exactly how I've been feeling lately...God is speaking...I am trying to listen and praying about His promptings in my spirit. It is always best to wait on the Lord and let Him lead...but sometimes I get impatient and want to run out on my own...and then I get into trouble. So thank you for these thoughts of wisdom today.

NanaDiana said...

I love all those old songs, Karen. It reminds me of sitting in church as a youngster and feeling so loved by God....thank you- xo Diana

Visits With Mary said...

Amen, Thank You Lord.

Connie said...

Inspiring words and song. Thank you. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Brenda said...

Just listened to the song He hideth my soul. It is really beautiful. I will come back to listen to the others. Thank you for sharing, and God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Stopping back by to wish you a nice evening. I love your pretty header photos and summery background color. Love you.

Blog Archive