Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Bunny



We have so many rabbits here at the apartment complex. I suspect that some of the residents are feeding them lots of carrots because none of the bunnies need glasses. This one is so tame; he turned and posed for me this morning. He faithfully visits 87 year old Marilyn who sits on the porch each morning at daylight. She wears bright colored flip flops, toe rings, and ankle bracelets. He creeps right up to her and seems to be smelling her toes.
Why do we see bunnies in the cool of the morning? If they played in the heat of the afternoon, they would be hot cross bunnies.
How do you catch a unique rabbit? You 'neak up on it. How do you catch a tame one? Tame way.

19 comments :

MadSnapper n Beau said...

love the jokes and I would love to see the bunnies and all the toe rings and ankle bracelets. LOL.. your photo is not showing, try removing it and add it back.

Visits With Mary said...

A funny post today, it made me laugh!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Such a beautiful page this morning. Love watching the bunnies too, but they are afraid of me, and run the opposite way! I havent been able to catch one the 'tame way'! Happy Tuesday.

Patsy said...

How cute, we miss or rabbits. We would feed them to, they had baby's in our flower garden.

Ida said...

How fun to have bunnies come to visit. That one posed so nicely. Enjoy your bunny puns.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have given me such a good laugh today! Especially the story about the bunny and the woman on the porch. We have a lot of bunnies here, too. And when you come up to them, they freeze. I think this is their only defense, hoping no one sees them. But at times they will run, too. I LOVE your beautiful header and the idea behind it!! all these beautiful flowers the same color! And the perfect background. Let's see..Gerbara Daisy, Crepe Myrtle, Hydrangea, and maybe a Hibiscus. Are they all in your yard?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the cute bunny and the funnies! Have a great day and the week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Your header photos and the bunny pic are just great. Maybe the rabbit likes Marilyn's toe rings!

Susie said...

Karen, I had to laugh, I remembered this jokes. I love your new header with the pretty pink flowers. I sister started taming a fox enough that it would come to her back steps to eat things she put out for it. But she said she would never try to pet it. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Ha Ha! I love your thoughts about bunnies...yes, we have so many around us here in the woods as well. They are not quite so tame as yours, but they seem to be comfortable in our little yard and not afraid to come back morning and evening for their breakfast and supper. I love to watch them. Often times they startle me when I go out to fill the bird feeders in the morning...they blend in with the ground and I don't see them until all of a sudden they spring away and I almost drop the bird seed! But they are such fun. God's little creatures. Love them.

Nonnie said...

Our back yard is filled with bunnies each day and they know they have nothing to fear in our yard. They like to eat my sweet potato vine and other flowers. They're so cute.

Carla from The River said...

How fun, Karen. Such a fun post.
Happy Bunny Days,
Carla

Dianna said...

Great picture of the bunny. It was so nice of him to pose for you. :)

We've had an unusual amount of bunnies in our area for some reason this spring/summer. They are cute, but we don't care to find them in our gardens.

Loved your sense of humor and the jokes at the end. They made me smile!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how funny that you have so many rabbits where you live.....and they come right up to you! I see them sometimes running in the fields on the trail, but they are so scared and don't dare get too close. That is amazing that one came right up to Marilyn and visits her on the porch every morning. This is a cute picture, Karen.

~Sheri

Rose said...

Love the Hot Cross Bunnies...got to remember that one for Lorelei...she loves jokes. I knew the other, but don't remember if I have told it to her.

Connie said...

Cute post! I bet it is entertaining to watch the bunnies when they are so tame.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fun post Karen, and a lovely picture too.

All the best Jan

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautifully written Karen.
My husband just looked at it and said 'Very bunny story'

bp said...

:)

Caleb and Titus like to go run after the bunnies that come up in my Mom's backyard!

Blog Archive