Thursday, April 30, 2020

LABELS

I HATE scratchy labels sewn into the necks of my clothes! The first thing I do is cut them out before wearing a garment. 

Our Bible study leader was talking about getting rid of negative labels from our past. I thought about the labels that people have given me: in high school it was Beanpole or Bones. (I have since 'outgrown' those!)

"Rip those hurtful labels off!" our leader said.

Father God has some labels for us to wear: Beloved, Mighty Man of Valor, Bride of Christ, Ransomed, Precious, My Delight.

I like those labels.

Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord said, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with my lovingkindness."

7 comments :

Louca por porcelana said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS! BIG HUG!

Ruth Hiebert said...

First, I too dislike scratchy labels. It seems the garment can be soft but then it is destroyed with a scratchy label. I am thankful that God has only good and positive labels for me,.

Sandi said...

"... getting rid of negative labels from our past."

So Important.

❤️❤️❤️

Theresa said...

I cut out labels too and I love this comparison! I had some crazy nick-names in High School and most weren't worthy of repeating:) Enjoy your day dear Karen, HUGS!

Hazel Irene Moon said...

Excellent example of labels. I am happy so many are printing on the inside of the garment instead of using a scratchy label. :-)

Buttercup said...

This is wonderful advice. I'm going to think about all the old labels that need to be discarded in my life. Take care!

Connie said...

Encouraging words!

Blog Archive