Sunday, December 22, 2019

God With Us

I've had many experiences in my lifetime. Some good and some bad, and though the events are history, the memories have stayed with me. I even have photographs of some of them.

Before the digital age, we had a Polaroid instant camera, so we wouldn't have to wait overnight to have the film developed. Yet, even as great as instant pictures were, in certain conditions, some were blurry or dark.

The Lord showed me how this was like the memories of my life. Not all of them have been developed yet. Not all of them make sense now. Not all of them are pleasant.  Some I want to hide, and others I wish I could forget. But God says in His Word that He has never left us or forsaken us. At the end of my life, and sometimes along the way, I'm going to see something different about those memories....



When these pictures develop.... 


I'm going to see JESUS standing there with me in every one!

We can ask Jesus to show us where He was in our memories. No matter how alone or forsaken we may have felt at times, Jesus has always been right there, causing all things to work together for our good, watching over us. He wants us to know that even in present and future struggles, He is right here with us. All we have to do is call upon His name and believe that He is our helper.

This was written by my son, Cameron 


13 comments :

Louca por porcelana said...

I love reading what your son wrote.Really true,really especial.Blessings!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely words and so true. Thanks for sharing this.

Sandi said...

Well said, Cameron!


"At the end of my life, and sometimes along the way, I'm going to see something different about those memories....

When these pictures develop....

I'm going to see JESUS standing there with me in every one!"


WOW!


Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful words and very true.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Amen; your son did a great job in this post.

Connie said...

Well written piece. Thanks!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So beautiful...such valuable words and thoughts for us all to contemplate. Thank you for sharing this with us. Praying you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Aritha said...

Thanks. That is very nice.

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a nice verse written by your son, Karen. It was so comforting to read tonight. I remember those old Polaroid cameras, and used them myself back in the day. Merry Christmas to you, dear Karen.

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Merry Christmas! What a gorgeous header!

Brenda said...

Hi Karen, and son Cameron,
this was a beautifully written post to read. What came to my mind as I read was the scripture 'every day in our lives is written in His book before even one of them was formed'. Our Lord has an unconditional love and understands we are flesh. I am even grateful that I have gone off track in my past before I became born again of God's Holy Spirit, as when we have empathy with others we have sympathy.
God bless you at this precious time of year as you look forward to the next coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to read these words, thank you.

All the best Jan

L. D. said...

It is great writing by your son.

Blog Archive