When my children were small, there was a neighborhood that went all out decorating their yards. We would drive around and around the neighborhood with Christmas music playing on the car tape player.
The sights and sounds of Christmas brighten a lot of faces.

11 comments :
I REMEMBER THOSE TIMES SO CLEARLY! REMEMBER WHEN ONE NEIGHBORHOOD WOULD LIGHT CANDLES IN PAPER BAGS TO ILLUNINATE THE STREET?
Like many things, the memories of riding around and looking at the lights are SO precious! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
We did the same thing with our children and it was such fun. I miss those days.
Seeing the Christmas lights is a highlight for me every Christmas season. I love it!!!
I love seeing Christmas Lights and Decorations … and agree with you "the sights and sounds of Christmas brighten a lot of faces"
All the best Jan
I have special memories of driving to town, some 10 miles away, to look at Christmas lights. Actually I still like to drive around town looking at them, only now I live right in town.
Your story sounds so much like my own, Karen. There was a neighborhood that was all decked out for Christmas, and when the kids were growing up, we drove through that neighborhood and were in awe at all the lights. They still put up the Christmas decorations in this neighborhood today. : )
Your blue blog design is always so beautiful.
~Sheri
Hello,
It is nice seeing all the pretty Christmas lights at night. Have a great day!
Precious season! I am waiting my sons to decorate the Christmas tree together,our tradition!Blessings!
Beautiful memories is a wonderful Christmas past.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas and joyful New Year!
It is a great memory. Being on the farm we did not decorating outside. Farmers don't do that, I was told. It was magical to go into our small town and see lights of many.
Post a Comment