Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Refuge

Do I see the future
As a friend or a foe?
God reminds me He is in control.
At all times you must trust in Me.
Look around you and have eyes to see:
I am your refuge for all eternity.
Karen Rice

How lovely is your dwelling place,
Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home
and the swallow a nest for herself
where she may have her young-
a place near your altar.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.
Psalm 84

13 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are such a good poet! And I am SO glad we do not know the future! First, we need to live in the present anyway. But everyone worries so much now, can you imagine if we knew things that were coming? It is a blessing to NOT know the future.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love your poem and picture that goes with the verse. Hope you have had a nice day...ours has been rain all day long and still going. Flooding fear is all around.

Christine said...

This is just wonderful Karen! So comforting!

Dianna said...

Karen, your poem is lovely and I love Psalm 84. Thank you for sharing Holy in Your Sanctuary.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, our future lies in God's very capable, loving hands. He will not lead us where He will not already be there ahead of us, guiding and keeping us safe. I try to remember that when I think about what the future may hold. God is already there...I need not worry or fret. Love your poetry. You are gifted, my dear! Have a blessed day.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

beautiful poem, and so true. Beautiful scriptrue and wonderful music for the soul

Patsy said...

I guess I can say we are in our future and God has really
done all He said "I will never leave you or for sake you"

Connie said...

Your poem is lovely, Karen.

Susie Swanson said...

I love your poem and your talent. I also love the Verse. We are getting a lot of rain here in N.C. But I'm so looking forward to spring. Happy First Day of March.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your poem is so nice. I'm so glad that you're a part of my world, Karen.

~Sheri

L. D. said...

This is great of you to share it.

Nonnie said...

I have to remind myself daily that the future is in God's hands. Thank you for this sweet poem.

a joyful noise said...

Your lovely poem reminds me of the hymn, I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand.

Blog Archive