Thursday, February 8, 2018

Have Faith in God

B.B. McKinney wrote one of my favorite hymns, Have Faith in God, during a revival in Muskogee, Oklahoma, in 1934. The region was experiencing the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl drought, and times were extremely hard.

   Have faith in God when you pathway is lonely
   He sees and knows all the way you have trod
   Never alone are the least of His children
   Have faith in God, have faith in God 


   Have faith in God when you prayers are unanswered   
   Your earnest plea He will never forget
   Wait on the Lord, trust His Word and be patient
   Have faith in God, He'll answer yet

   Have faith in God in your pain and your sorrow
   His heart is touched with your grief and despair
   Cast all your cares and your burdens upon Him
   And leave them there, oh, leave them there

   Have faith in God tho' all else fail about you
   Have faith in God He provides for His own
   He cannot fail tho' all kingdoms shall perish
   He rules He reigns upon His throne 


    

12 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

The words to the song speak volumes. Trust.....in God only, no matter how difficult....He is always there and will answer in his time. Have a nice day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Beautiful. : )

Sandi said...

Yes!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i can sing this one along with the words. beautiful

Ginny Hartzler said...

These words are beautiful. And your header is stunning.

Connie said...

Reassuring words. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Another one of those hymns we sang as children but as we grow older, the words are so beautiful and meaningful.

Nonnie said...

Beautiful words and I certainly needed them this evening. As I cooked dinner, my husband had the news on and it was just one thing after another that is so distressing! The news wears me out. I finally said, I can't take it anymore. Thank you. The people who suffered through the Dust Bowl really had a hard time of it.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

"Have faith in God...He's on His throne...Have faith in God, He watches o'er His own; He cannot fail, He must prevail; Have faith in God, Have faith in God." I love that old hymn. I think this is the chorus. So true and wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Theresa said...

Where would we be without our Faith in God! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Dianna said...

What a lovely hymn, Karen. "He rules He reigns upon His throne"...so important to remember that fact. I was thinking today when I was driving into town how wonderful it will be to actually be in heaven. Thank you, Karen, for sharing this beautiful hymn with us.

Sally said...

Thank you for reminding us of this hymn. The words are so true and are a great reminder for us today.

Blog Archive