Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sure Footed

One morning a few years back, we had freezing rain, covered with sleet, and a few inches of snow. I woke up before dawn to see a family of deer playing in the street. We lived on a steep hill on a dead end where the deer continued to frolic up and down for a hour.

It reminded me of the sure-footed deer in Habakkuk 3.

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord. 
I will joy in the God of my salvation. 
The Lord God is my strength. 
He will make my feet like deer's feet 
and He will make me walk on my high hills.

8 comments :

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is one of my favorite verses too. What a beautiful story you shared, and I love the pictures, especially the one at the top. So lovely. I hope you are doing well. Praying for you and your family...

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a wonderful verse. It must have been fun to watch the deer playing.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A lovely post!

Hazel Irene Moon said...

Beautiful example and lovely photos

Susie said...

HI KAREN, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL. i LOVE SEEING DEER OUT AND ABOUT NEAR WOODS OR HOMES....BUT THEY SCARE ME AROUND ROADS. SO NICE YOU ENJOYED THEM PLAYING FOR SO LONG. BLESSINGS TO YOU SWEET FRIEND, XOXO, SUSIE

Doris said...

Karen, I love how you relate your memories to a scripture. Just lovely today!
Have a great week!

Red Rose Alley said...

THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A SIGHT TO SEE THE FAMILY OF DEER NEAR YOUR HOME, KAREN. AND TO SEE THEM FROLICING IN THE SNOW WOULD EVEN BE MORE LOVELY. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THE DEER IS A SPECIAL ANIMAL, AND WHEN WE SEE ONE, IT IS A GIFT.

HAPPY FEBRUARY, KAREN.

~SHERI

Connie said...

A lovely passage. I enjoy seeing the deer that live around here.

Blog Archive