A crackling fire
The ticking clocks.
The little ones pulling out toys and blocks.
The antique hall tree loaded down with wraps.
Pop in his easy chair catching up on naps.
Granny crocheting a warm winter shawl.
Granny crocheting a warm winter shawl.
Candles in the windows bringing cheer to all.

15 comments :
That is beautiful, Karen!!! I hope you have a blessed, wonderful Sunday. xo Diana
:)
A serene moment captured well.
Hello,
Pretty candle and post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead!
Love the poem and the pretty candle.Your header is always stunning,I think is something of family...Genetic inheritance...Have a blessed Sunday!Hugs.
I remember times with my Grandparents like this. Does this happen any more?
Thank you,
Patricia
Beautiful poem Karen. a memory? or just a poem you wrote? we did have ticking clocks and wraps and daddy napping, mother crocheting shawls, and candles. no crackly fire though
I think you wrote this poem! You writing always paints such wonderful word pictures. So did you experience this? It is Norman Rockwell perfect. A memory gem.
Lovely, Karen!
Such a sweet time of fellowship with grandparents. Brought back memories.
Love this, so many special memories. My Grandma always had homemade biscuits and they smelled heavenly. Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
What a lovely poem, Karen. It would be so nice to have one of our grandmother's warm Winter crocheted blankets. : ) I love that you write down all the memories you have of your loved ones.
~Sheri
Oh gee, I wanna go there. Please? That was so special. Makes me very nostalgic. I didn't have those kinds of memories at my grandparents' homes because of distance and it just didn't happen. But I can imagine that and wish I could go back and do that...or do that for my grandchildren, but I only have one, who is now 19 and lives too far away. I may have to adopt some grandchildren. Loved this so much.
Very sweet poem. I can picture the entire scene.
Beautiful poem and sweet memories. Love this.
I enjoyed your poem, and the memories.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment