Monday, May 25, 2020

SUMMER MEMORIES

Lightning bugs, June bugs, bumble bees, butterflies, and busy little ants. Summer is almost here! We are already having thunder storms in the heat of the day.

I remember sitting on the screen porch glider with my mother and sister during rain showers, listening to thunder rumble and mother telling stories and singing songs from her childhood.

I'll let you in on the sweet old truths,
Stories we heard from our fathers,
counsel we learned at our mother's knee.
We're not keeping this to ourselves,
we're passing it along to the next generation—
God's fame and fortune,
the marvelous things he has done.
Psalm 78:2-4 Message

8 comments :

Laurel Wood said...

SWEET POEM AND FUN MEMORIES FOR ME! SENDING MY LOVE HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Precious memories. es, we need to keep on sharing them.

Louca por porcelana said...

SWEET MEMORIES! WHAT WONDERFUL HEADER TOO!HUGS,MY DARLING KAREN.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen! Yes, we are passing these special memories on to the next generation, even if it seems they are not always listening. They are learning from us as they watch how we live our lives and someday those things will come back to them. Thank you for the pleasant summer memories!!

Doris said...

I LOVE YOUR HEADER! WARMER WEATHER IS FINALLY HERE AND SO ARE THE BEES. WE DON'T GET MANY ANTS, THANKFULLY. DON'T CARE FOR THUNDERSTORMS SO NO PORCH SITTING DURING ONE FOR ME =)
LOVE THE MEMORIES YOU SHARED!

Susie said...

Karen, Those stories need to be told and told. :) I love the memories of the summer bugs , bees and butterflies. I want to squeeze more enjoyment from all these days leading to Summer...cause Summer will see to go so fast. Hope you are well my friend. Stay safe, Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

Connie said...

These are sweet summertime memories. It certainly feels like summer here today; it is so sunny and hot.

Red Rose Alley said...

SUCH SWEET MEMORIES OF YOUR CHILDHOOD, KAREN, LISTENING TO YOUR MOTHER'S STORIES AND SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR SISTER. I LOVE THE PSALM VERSE. YES, WE MUST PASS ON TO THE NEXT GENERATION ABOUT THE GOODNESS OF GOD.

~SHERI

Blog Archive