Friday, February 7, 2020

Unseen Glory

After a divorce, many years ago, I felt like I was going crazy, and could not imagine how I would be able to make it as a single mother. One night, I made up my mind that I would stand up and keep praising the Lord out loud until the fear and anxiety lifted. After a while, the panic finally turned into a peaceful calm. I still didn't know the future, but I was sure of the presence of the Lord, who is my Peace.

Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day. For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 




8 comments :

Connie said...

Help is available to us. All we need do is pray and ask for it.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Love this post and it applies to me in so many ways.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Awesome! It can be so easy to fall into a pit of despair, but that is not where God would have us be.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I have a friend who went through the same situation and the Lord brought her through the very hard time. Our time on this earth is temporary and time here is like a puff of smoke. The Lord is our strength in these times of hard trials. May God continue to bless you with all the peace and comfort He has for you, for when we reach that promised land there is nothing that compare to that place.

Buttercup said...

One of my favorite verses, "Let us not grow weary in well doing..." Wishes for a great weekend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Thank you for your always encouragement and beautiful posts.God bless!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful for God, and our Savior Jesus Christ, Who is always with us through every kind of storm. He carries us through to sweet glory, and we are blessed. Thank you for sharing this with us today. Timely words.

Red Rose Alley said...

OH, THIS IS SUCH A SPECIAL POST, KAREN. I ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT THIS EVENING.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU, DEAR FRIEND.

~SHERI

Blog Archive