Sunday, November 17, 2019

November Evening

  
A crackling fire
The chiming clock
Little ones playing with toys and blocks.
The antique hall tree loaded down with wraps.
Uncle in his easy chair catching up on naps.
Granny crocheting a warm winter shawl.
 Candles glowing in the windows 
Bringing cheer to us all.
Karen Rice

11 comments :

Sandi said...

:-)

Just a warm smile!

Laurel Wood said...

BEAUTIFUL AND YOUR WORDS BRING BACK SUCH DELIGHTFUL MEMORIES. LOVE YOU SIS.

Theresa said...

Sounds like a perfect setting to me. Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Connie said...

What a lovely poem!

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, as I was reading this, I was smiling big because it sounds like such a charming and cozy night. Then, I read that you wrote it, how wonderful! This is a perfect November evening. : )

~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful your poem is!Congrats!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely poem, I enjoyed reading it thank you.

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the poem and the image. Have a great day and new week!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Lovely - the poem and picture both.

Doris said...

Absolutely delightful!

Visits With Mary said...

ENJOYED !

Blog Archive