Saturday, December 30, 2017

One Thing

The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditating in his Temple, living in his presence every day of my life, delighting in his incomparable perfections and glory. There I’ll be when troubles come. He will hide me. He will set me on a high rock out of reach of all my enemies.  

My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me, O my people.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
Ps 27: 4-6, 8 Living Bible

My son Cameron started the long drive back to New Jersey this morning. It was good to hear about his ministry opportunities in the greater NYC area, and his experiences in Israel. I got to see many beautiful photos of the Holy Land.

8 comments :

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I look forward to talking with Him, listening to Him, and just being with Him. Great post today my friend. Meaningful.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

prayers for safe travels for your grandson and joy for your visit with him

Ginny Hartzler said...

You chose such a wonderful verse. And a gorgeous header. What a blessing that the two of you could be together this Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Cameron's safe travel back and I wish you and your family a blessed new year. Love you.

Connie said...

So nice you got to catch up with Cameron. I hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year!

Arlene G said...

How exciting Karen. Happy New Year.

Wanda said...

Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog today. I always love hearing how others are longing to follow the Lord in deeper ways. Sounds like your son had a marvelous time and lots of ministry opportunities. Happy New Year.

Red Rose Alley said...

How special that you got to see the Holy Land through Cameron's photos. I'm sure he had many interesting and wonderful stories to share. You know, it is a dream of mine to see the white dove someday. I see them all the time here, but they are a cream and brownish color.

~Sheri

Blog Archive