Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Teacher Learns a Lesson

"You have to humble yourself," Daddy would say, "Or somebody else is liable to bring you down a notch or two".

When I was a special education teacher in Kentucky, I had a fourth grade student whom I was evaluating. I had been taught to lean in and whisper to the child when he needed to be corrected, making eye contact, and waiting for him to acknowledge that he understood.

"Teacher," Philip asked with his innocent eyes, "You ever heard of a TicTac?"

Our principal was observing, and could not stifle his laughter.

Guess Teacher was brought down a notch or two!

14 comments :

Carla from The River said...

Ha ... cute. :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good story! I didn't know you used to do this!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my!! Talk about embarrassing moments! But oh so sweet and innocent! Children do say the "darndest things". Love it!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love what kids say. this is hilarious. I worked in my aunts day care for years and the things those kids told us were so funny

Anonymous said...

LOL! You could write a book of funny things the kids said!

Anonymous said...

p.s. love your background and header photo!

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
I am not sure what a tic-tac is in America, it is a minty sweet here:-)

Karen said...

Yes, he was recommending a tic tac breath mint

Debby Ray said...

Oh my...LOL!

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL!
Sometimes you just never know what kids will say!

All the best Jan

Lady Jane said...

What a wonderful story. I bet you have quite a few. Hugs, LJ

Red Rose Alley said...

I just love the advice that your daddy gave, Karen. : ) I was a teacher's aide many years ago, and I sometimes helped in the Special Ed classes. It was quite a long day, but the students taught me things as well. : )

~Sheri

Rose said...

Oh, my, this is funny....kids do say the funniest things.

Connie said...

Haha! You never know what a child will say!

Blog Archive