When Corrie and Betsey were sent to Ravensbruck Concentration camp, and felt they could not bear the suffering around them, they prayed, "Will You carry this too, Lord Jesus?"
The Lord made it possible for them to have prayer and Bible studies with the women in their barracks. Corrie remembered, "The blacker the night around us grew, the brighter and truer and more beautiful burned the Word of God."
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
In all these things, we are more than conquerors
through Him that loved us.
Romans 8:35, 39
9 comments :
Amen to this scripture Karen.
My grandparents on my mother's side were Jewish, and came into this country from Germany or Austria in the nineteenth century. I would probably not be here if they had stayed where they were.
I love Corrie ten Boom...she is jus such a wonderful example of a Christian woman.
I can't even imagine how awful it must have been in a concentration camp. This scripture is reassuring.
I cannot imagine what the Holocaust was, and it literally breaks my heart to read about it. I too am thankful for Corrie that she was able to give the Word out even in those horrible situations. Thank you for this reminder how blessed we are in America.
Such an evil and black time. Thank you for remembering this for all of us.
I love learning about how the Lord works through the most horrible circumstances! Thanks for sharing, Karen :)
Thanks for sharing that. Sharing also this one with you: "I have experienced His presence in the deepest hell that man can create. I have really tested the promises of the Bible, and believe me, you can count on them."
Both of these women were amazing.
"The blacker the night around us grew, the brighter and truer and more beautiful burned the word of God" .........I simply love that saying. : )
~Sheri
Post a Comment