I have a favorite thrift store I love to visit that is open on Friday and Saturdays. I never know what treasure I may find. I found this dessert plate and some IDEALS magazines with pretty art, poems, and stories.
There is an old poem about pen pals. I remember writing to pen pals when I was in school. How exciting to watch for the mailman and get a letter from some far away place. Made me thankful for all of you blog friends! (Think of the money we save on stationery and stamps!)
When I was a little girl our grandmother used to give mother Ideals. Mother instilled in me a love for poetry. I especially like Robert Frost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2017
(
204
)
-
▼
February
(
17
)
- The Wonder of It All
- Treasure Hunter
- Record Warm Days in Southern Indiana
- The Name
- Silhouette and Reflections
- A Beautiful Story
- I was so blessed yesterday to hear First Lady...
- Day of Prayer
- A Bite of Something Sweet
- God's reassuring Presence
- The Mighty Power of God
- Memorization
- Little Things
- Thrift Store Finds
- Praying for the Nations
- Losers and Winners
- A God of Faithfulness
-
▼
February
(
17
)
14 comments :
I love thrift stores too. I've not seen an Ideals magazine in several years. At the nursing home where I was the Activity Director, I had two file drawers full of old Ideals magazines sorted by month. We used them a lot.
I was never one to write many letters but I can still remember the wonderful smell when opening a box of new stationary :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Karen!
That is such a sweet plate! I always loved the holiday Ideals magazines, too. It always lifts my spirits to find a treasure at the thrift store.
I LOVE that plate...it looks a lot like some plates I remember from my childhood...I think my mother had some like that...it sure looks familiar and made me feel all nostalgic and stuff! And I LOVE IDEALS magazines. My parents used to subscribe to that as well...I have a couple of them...a Christmas Ideals and I think a Mother's Day edition. I would love to have more...they do have wonderful poems and pictures. Thank you for sharing these with us. Thrift store shopping is the best!!
Robert Frost is a favorite of mine too, Karen. What lovely things you bought at the thrift store. That dessert plate is pretty. My sister loves shopping at the thrift stores, and has a whole house filled with stuff. :) The roses on your Header are so lovely.
~Sheri
That is a pretty dish. I always liked to look through Ideals at the photos.
Hello Karen,
Thrift stores are the best places to find some treasures. I really like your dessert plate. It is so delicate looking. I have a friend who always got the Ideals magazine and after she finished with it would pass it on to me. I always enjoyed it.
I too have many Ideals and enjoy reading through them for relaxation. Someone gifted me one many years ago and I've enjoyed them ever since.
Poetry has been a love of mine since high school.
You found some delightful items at your Thrift store.
God bless you~~
Bob and I furnished our home from thrift stores when we first got married. there is so much out there that others do not want. yours is a beautiful find. I like that plate.
I love going to thrift stores, I can browse for hours. The plate is very pretty and the magazine is a treasure! Hope you're having a blessed day.
I also love thrift stores ( and magazines writing with others).
Sweet treasures and memories! I love visiting thrift stores, there is always a treasure to bring home:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
I remember that book, I believe my Meemaw received it.
I have a couple of pen pals. I've always loved writing letters!
I remember having pen pals and reading Ideals magazine too. What a pretty plate!
My grandmother subscribed to Ideals magazine and I loved them. I have quite a few of the older issues. I believe Ideals may still be published. I have seen Christmas and Easter issues at Christianbook.com.
That plate looks so familiar! It reminds me of some from my childhood. I seem to remember salad bowls in that pattern.
Post a Comment