Our father's God to, Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!

15 comments :
What a wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing.
BTW, I got a chuckle out of the church incidents in the post below this one!
I imagine that was a lovely setting and the music must have been incredible. Your background and header photo are so vibrant and pretty today.
Don't you miss sitting on top of the old crank ice cream freezer??? ha ha
Thanks for sharing such a sweet memory.
I love things like that! That's a beautiful picture, too!
Beautiful memories! There's something about that kind of music in an outdoor setting that just really special.
Sweet memory Karen. Thank you for sharing. Happy 4th! Blessings.
And that's worth it to be remembered always. Happy 4th and God bless.
Our church used to have some beautiful music at Tanglewood Park too. It was so inspirational and wonderful singing about God.
Awesome picture of our fair city...
That's a lovely view of the skyline and a sweet memory.
one of my favorite views
Karen, Nel just moved to Georgia and she loves it! She got a promotion in her job, and it's only for a couple of years, but she said the people are so nice and the food is great.
The choir must have sounded so beautiful singing "America."
~Sheri
What a gorgeous view! Yes, music can bring me to tears.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the song I shared today. I'm so sorry about the loss of your son. I don't know how anybody can cope with such a tragic loss. I think it's only human for us to wonder to "why", and I definitely don't think it's wrong for us to ask that, even if we don't get a definite answer. God knows our hearts and our hurts. Prayers for you, sweet Lady.
such a beautiful image!! there is nothing quite as spectacular as a summer concert outdoors!!!
Post a Comment