Monday, July 1, 2013
Reagan Quote on Israel
"Israel exists; it has a right to exist in peace behind secure and defensible borders; and it has a right to demand of its neighbors that they recognize those facts.
I have personally followed and supported Israel's heroic struggle for survival, ever since the founding of the State of Israel 34 years ago.
In the pre-1967 borders Israel was barely 10 miles wide at its narrowest point. The bulk of Israel's population lived within artillery range of hostile Arab armies. I am not about to ask Israel to live that way again."
Ronald Reagan, September 1, 1982
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

5 comments :
Hi Karen, my son chose the six day war as the topic of his social studies project last term.I helped him with some of the research and was intrigued by the information I read about Israel.
I really loved Ronald Reagan. Great post- xo Diana
Excellent post. You have to admire a president who is not afraid to take a stand and state his opinion. God's chosen have often had a difficult time in life.
Really enjoyed this article, as I miss President Regan and his moral and personal values.
glad you shared.
Post a Comment