I went to the store with Mother and my little sister Mildred the next morning while Daddy and Larry mowed the lawn. When we turned in the driveway, I noticed that the whole acre lot was manicured, except for the yard from my bedroom window to the street.
Daddy escorted me to the lawnmower and graciously asked if I needed help cranking it. I found out finishing my dishwashing job would have been a lot easier than pushing a mower in the afternoon heat. Before long, Larry came out to give me a hand.
I couldn't help but think of Larry when I read this wise quote.
Real friends are those who,
when you've made a fool of yourself,
don't feel that you've done
a permanent job.
a permanent job.
Erwin Randall
10 comments :
Lesson learned.
Your Daddy was a wise man.
I love this post BUT........
I remember that it was ME who washed EVERY dish and CUT EVERY blade of grass!!! just kidding.
What a wonderful lesson your Daddy gave you there. A whole different way to look at things. I'll bet you were grateful to see Larry come to help you- xo Diana
You daddy was a wise man and you learned a very valuable lesson.
Your dad was a very wise man.
LOVE the lessons in this story!!
A cute story ~ :)
Nice lesson learned. Larry was a good brother...
Such a cute post, Karen. Some lessons are learned the hard way, unfortunately. Your Dad was indeed a wise man.
Post a Comment