My sister and I were talking about how "love" and even "friendship" have very different definitions now than when we were teenagers. Eventually, love grows to be more that goosebumps and good times!
I think this verse from the hymn "I've Found a Friend" sums up God's idea of friendship:
I've found a friend
Oh Such a friend
So kind and true and tender
So wise a counselor and guide
So mighty a defender!
From Him who loves me
Now so well
What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death
Or earth or hell?
No, I am His forever.
James G. Small
11 comments :
What a nice surprise getting the yearbook-yes, things were different in my time also. I find I have to take things these days with a grain of salt since God doesn't make mistakes.
Have a good weekend.
Wonderful lyrics.
Oh yes, friends seem to mean so much more as I get older! Have a really blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!
Beautiful words!
Yes, things are very different now than they were when I was young.
Hi Karen
And best of all, this is our Friend that never leaves our side!
Much love
Mia
I love that song...words to live by. It seems so sad to me that so many of my school mates are gone now.
The song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" came to my mind when reading this post, Karen. Very reassuring.
Beautiful, Dear, thanks for that sweet post.
Yes, what a friend we have in Jesus:) happy sunday:)
Yes, times have changed.
Lovely lyrics!
62 is too young. That's what I just turned this month!
Post a Comment