As I pray for my loved ones, I can ask God to bring His Word to their remembrance, even Bible verses, prayers, and songs they were taught from childhood. As my sister was visiting our sick elderly family friend, Mildred read to her familiar hymns, comforting scriptures, and prayed the Lord's Prayer with her. It brought this dear one a lot of peace.
Jesus said: "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He
will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I
said to you."
John 14:26 (NASB)
God promised: "So
will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to
Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding
in the matter for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:11 (NASB)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(
176
)
-
▼
January
(
18
)
- Jesus Is the Cornerstone
- My God, In Whom I Trust
- Bring God's Word to Remembrance
- Bubbling Over!
- Overdrawn?
- Soften Our Hearts, Lord
- The Wealth of the Wicked
- Nothing Is Impossible
- What Does Your Daddy do?
- Such a Friend!
- Lord of Hosts
- "I, the Lord, am your healer."
- The Lord Will Provide
- Brotherly Love
- Jesus' Reward
- You're HOW OLD?!
- CHOSEN
- Timely Word!
-
▼
January
(
18
)
7 comments :
Great post.
Remembering is good. I love what your sister is doing for your friend. Bringing to mind what blessed her in the past is precious. Our Father does the same for us =) Blessings to you, Karen!
Words from God! Thanks:)
Thank You ! I was not thinking but now I will pray that my children will remember God's word from their youth.
Amen!!
It surprises me sometimes how words from scripture or from an old hymn will come to mind from my childhood memories at just the moment I need to hear them. Nice post, Karen. :)
I'm enjoying reading your posts, Karen. It's like looking at your menus for the week and what you've been feeding on.
It's been inspirational.
Blessings,
Ruth
Post a Comment