Saturday, June 17, 2017

Quiet Place


As I was thinking of many beautiful places
I've been able to enjoy in Indiana
I remembered this song that I used to sing at church
 as part of a quartet in college.

There is a quiet place
Far from the rapid pace
Where God can soothe my troubled mind.
Sheltered by tree and flower
There in my quiet hour
With Him my cares are left behind.
Whether a garden small
Or on a  mountain tall,
New strength and courage there I find.
Then from this quiet place
I go prepared to face a new day
With love for all mankind.
Ralph Carmichael, 1967.
Here is beautiful rendition on Youtube 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkizxIK9Yc&list=RDOWkizxIK9Yc

9 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

We don't know this hymn, but it sure is pretty. Gorgeous header and pictures!! Let's see...Crepe Myrtle, Pansies, and what a sweet little waterfall. That is a Clematis in your header? I have never seen one that color, so pretty!

Mildred said...

Good Morn. The lyrics (and video) are beautiful. I always feel close to God as I enjoy the blooms in the yard or look out at the sunset behind the mountains. Wishing you a nice day. xoxo

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, it is a pretty song. The photos go perfectly with the words to the song. I love the flowers, are the first ones crepe myrtles? The waterfalls is beautiful. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Sandi said...

Lovely and peaceful!

Rose said...

Beautiful words in the song...

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful!

Lowcarb team member said...

Photo's and words are perfect.

All the best Jan

Red Rose Alley said...

I truly think we need to hear nature's song more, but sadly many don't experience this often. I'm so glad you step into nature, Karen, and appreciate and enjoy. What lovely pictures these are.

*where God can soothe my troubled mind.....I love that sentence. : )

~Sheri

Connie said...

Your photos are beautiful and the lyrics to that song are lovely.

Blog Archive