Sunday, May 28, 2017

Memorial Day

I heard a former prisoner of war in Viet Nam tell how he spent lonely years in captivity praying and remembering Bible verses and songs he learned as a small child.

Thank You, Lord Jesus for Your promise that: "The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 

I pray for those whose loved one died in the service of our country, and also those who are serving today and for their family members who await their safe return. 

11 comments :

Mildred said...

You and I often talk about how the lyrics to hymns we sung as children just come to mind. What a comfort those lyrics and Bible verses are as we grow older. Wishing you a restful night. Love you.

Rose said...

We have so much to be thankful for...thankful for our Lord and Savior, and thankful for the men who have given their lives to keep us free.

Red Rose Alley said...

Sometimes I will hear an old hymn from my youth, and the special words and tune come back to me all over again.

I hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend, Karen.

~Sheri

Karen said...

Joining you in prayer for those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice, and for their families.

Sandra said...

I am sure many songs and verses were recited by the men in service to our country. songs and verses can be a comfort to all of us. God bless the ones still in service and thanks to the ones who died for our freedom

BCAUSEHELIVES.blogspot.com said...

Verses and songs mean the world to me, and help me get through each day. I appreciate so much those that sacrificed for us.

Mary Hutchins said...

God's Word never returns void. He is an awesome God.

Connie said...

I hope you've had a peaceful day on this holiday of remembrance and gratitude.

L. D. said...

Amen.

Nonnie said...

Amen. Our pastor tells about a soldier whose memory of his grandmother singing Amazing Grace and praying over him kept him from committing suicide when some of his men were killed in Vietnam.

Theresa said...

I often quote Bible verses to get my through hard times, AND sing old hymns! LOVE this post! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Blog Archive