Friday, May 5, 2017

I Am His and He Is Mine

Heaven above is softer blue;
Earth around is sweeter green;
Something lives in every hue
Christless eyes have never seen!
Birds with gladder songs overflow,
Flowers with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know as now I know,
I am His and He is mine.
George Wade Robinson

 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 
When Christ, who is your life, appears,
 then you also will appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:2-4

When I gave my life to Jesus, as a child, I remember I was baptized in autumn, and I noticed the beautiful colors of the maple trees as if I had never seen them before. When I got home, I looked into the mirror on our bedroom dresser, and thought to myself: I am a brand new person in Christ. He has been faithful through all these years.

11 comments :

Mary Hutchins said...

I remember my baptism, so long ago. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine...and yours!!

Mildred said...

Good Afternoon, Such a beautiful post you have shared. I hope you will have a nice weekend.

Sandra said...

Hi, been busy today and almost missed your post. I was 8 when I was baptized but I don't remember the season ...

Ariƫlla said...

Hi Karen, thank you for your beautiful post. Yes, I'll praying for your son and the seminar.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love that hymn and that verse. Yes, since we know Jesus, we have such a better view of life and the world...everything is so much more beautiful and meaningful, because we are seeing through the eyes of Christ. Thank you for this post.

Sandi said...


:)

Red Rose Alley said...

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things....love that saying, Karen. And I will try to remember it. Those pink flowers are so pretty, and your Purple blog design makes me smile. : )

Have a restful weekend.

~Sheri

Connie said...

Lovely words today. There is much joy in the beauty of God's creation.

Brenda said...

Hi Karen,
yes that is so right, we are a new creation, being born again of God's Spirit. I was thirty five when I was baptized, and came up out of the water speaking in a language that I had never learned - It was the beginning of my new life in Christ Jesus, making sense of my near death experience and re-connecting me to what I had grieved for over the previous seven years.
God bless you for sharing.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely words, I like the colours of the flowers.

All the best Jan

Nonnie said...

What a lovely poem today and the Scripture, too. Your find the prettiest poems.

I remember well my baptism as a teen and what it meant to me then. I well remember being baptized in the Jordan River as an adult and how it meant so much more to me then! God is so good.

Blog Archive