Thursday, May 25, 2017

Being Stretched

I think it harder, Lord,
to cast the cares of those
I love on You, than to cast mine.
We, growing older,
learn at last
that You are merciful and kind.
Not one time
have You failed me.
Lord, why fear that you'll fail mine?
Ruth Bell Graham

When my oldest child left home, I couldn't stop crying. As I sat in my porch rocker, I watched a mother robin working feverishly to feed her baby who was as big as she was. It wasn't long before he left the nest. The Lord spoke to me, "It's a good thing for Carl to grow and stretch his wings, too!"

Now my oldest grandchild is graduating and going to college. I trust that the Lord will guide and guard her steps.


His Spirit within us is actually praying for us in those agonizing longings which never find words. And God who knows the heart’s secrets understands, of course, the Spirit’s intention as he prays for those who love God.

Romans 8:27 Phillips NT

11 comments :

Mildred said...

Thank you for sharing Ruth Graham's prayer. I pray for K as she prepares to enter college. I hope you will have a very nice day. Love you.

Sandra said...

Ruths prayer is beautiful and I am sure you pray that for your family. I pray now that they will be blessed and lifted up as they go through life.

Mary Hutchins said...

I have always enjoyed writings by Ruth Graham, she always set such a wonderful example. My youngest grandchild graduated last year and time is marching on, we now have great-grandchildren to love.

BCAUSEHELIVES.blogspot.com said...

They grow up so fast, and it is both sad and a happy time when they leave the nest. Have a nice holiday weekend.

Karen said...

Such a beautiful prayer, and so timely. A lovely post.

Rose said...

This gives me words to ponder...it is words I needed to hear.

Connie said...

Beautiful prayer by Ruth Graham. Thank you for sharing it.

Aritha said...

Thank you Karen, for this lesson. xxx

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice story about your oldest son leaving the nest, Karen. It was hard when the girls left home too, and they were only around 19. I think boys tend to stay around a bit longer. wow, your granddaughter is going to college, how special.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, dear.

~Sheri

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty poem! Congrats to your granddaughter! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

It is never easy when the young flee the nest and take their next steps ...

My good wishes to your grand-daughter as she soon starts at college.

All the best Jan

Blog Archive