Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Sunshine or Rain

One spring day I set out to run some errands when I spied a menacing cloud in the west. I decided to stop at the grocery, thinking I could hurry fast and beat the storm. Just as I was paying the cashier, I heard rain pounding the metal roof and looked out to see torrents blowing sideways. I made it to the car, drove home, and unloaded the groceries. Drenched to my skin, I sat down to catch my breath, when brilliant sunshine burst through the window.

Jesus never said we would dodge every storm. There will be sudden downpours, but He promises to be with us, in us, and for us, all the way.

“So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. 
  His going forth is as certain as the dawn; 
    And He will come to us like the rain, 
     Like the spring rain watering the earth.”
Hosea 6:3

12 comments :

Arlene Grimm said...

So true Karen. We need to remember that God is with us in storm and sunshine.

Sandra said...

I always wait until it stops blowing sideways.. driving in the rain makes me crazy.. usually in Florida it doesn't last long.. this is a good application to our daily lives, and oh so true, storms and sunshine are parts of life

Patsy said...

Great post, jumping right in to life with God's help.

Mildred said...

I love this post.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love this picture and quote today, Karen, and it was a good one to start off the day. I liked it so much, that I will pass it along to the girls. Thank you.

~Sheri

Connie said...

Great Bible passage and a good message to remember.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful that Jesus holds our umbrella while in the midst of life's storms. He shelters and protects us...even though He doesn't necessarily stop the storm. So thankful.

Rose said...

This is such an uplifting post, Karen. Thank you for it.

Carla from The River said...

I needed this today! We had a up and down week. My dad had a heart attack last Tuesday. He was able to be discharged yesterday. Praying for the recovery to go well.
This post was just what I needed.
xx oo
Carla

Theresa said...

Beautiful message that I needed to hear this morning! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way! I hope the sun is shining where you are:)

Debby Ray said...

This is so true. We would never really know the joy of the sunshine if we hadn't had a few storms along the way. I am truly thankful for the storms I have endured. Beautiful post!

Brenda said...

Lovely post, and just as we need the sunshine in our lives we also need the storms to strengthen us and give us perseverance in our trials.

Blog Archive