Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Out of Sight

Oh, what joy
for those whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sins are put out of sight.
Romans 4:7 NLT

Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed.
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23


When I was in college, my professor gave us elementary education students this advice:
Every year you will have that one child who has behavior issues and can really push your buttons if you let him or her. So, when you and the child have have a rough day, take him aside just before the dismissal bell rings, and assure him that all is forgiven, and that you will start over fresh the next morning. 

I am so glad my Heavenly Father allows me to start fresh every morning!.

12 comments :

Rose said...

What a great professor that was...I used to volunteer at school. Us moms ran the library. And I had one little boy that would pick and pick, but he knew when he had done enough and would start acting right. He was as cute as a button, in third grade. And it wasn't really mean...it was just 'stuff.' I can't even remember what but I can remember looking at him and saying 'Randy!' And he would tell me he would behave now and he would.

NanaDiana said...

Amen, Karen. Thank the Lord that each day brings new opportunity for a better day than yesterday. xo Diana

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such words of wisdom...great advice! And yes, so thankful that Christ gives us a new start every day...all is forgiven...we have a new chance to start anew every day. May we allow ourselves to accept this forgiveness and move forward in a positive direction.

Mildred said...

That was a smart professor. I love these Bible verses you have shared. I hope you have a restful night. Love you.

Carla from The River said...

Well said and a good reminder.
xx oo
Carla

Red Rose Alley said...

I should pass this on to Jess, as she's an elementary school teacher. Thank you, Karen. It's always good to start a new day, especially if the day before was not so peachy. : )

~Sheri

Sandra said...

a truly smart and caring professor and words of great advice. God is not a God of second chance, but all forgiving for the rest of our lives because He knows we can not be perfect

Theresa said...

Oh Karen, what a sweet post! ALL is forgiven and for that I am thankful! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Connie said...

Having a fresh start is a very good feeling.

BCAUSEHELIVES.blogspot.com said...

Amen to that, if my Heavenly Father didnt allow me to start anew, I dont know where I would be. Thank you for this thought today.

bp said...

That is wonderful advice for a teacher.

What a pretty iris in your header picture.

Nonnie said...

That is such good advice. And yes, I too am thankful that we get a fresh start each day because of His great mercies.

Blog Archive