Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Holocaust Remembrance

As Israel observed Holocaust Remembrance this week, I was reminded of the story of Corrie and Betsey ten Boom hiding Jews in Holland in WWII.

When Corrie and Betsey were sent to Ravensbruck Concentration camp, and felt they could not bear the suffering around them, they prayed, "Will You carry this too, Lord Jesus?"

The Lord made it possible for them to have prayer and Bible studies with the women in their barracks. Corrie remembered, "The blacker the night around us grew, the brighter and truer and more beautiful burned the Word of God."

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
In all these things, we are more than conquerors 
through Him that loved us. 
Romans 8:35, 39




11 comments :

Brenda said...

Amen to this scripture Karen.
My grandparents on my mother's side were Jewish, and came into this country from Germany or Austria in the nineteenth century. I would probably not be here if they had stayed where they were.

Sandra said...

to me the Holocaust was the worst thing that man kind ever did to man.. this is a good tribute to make us remember...

Arlene Grimm said...

I love Corrie ten Boom...she is jus such a wonderful example of a Christian woman.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I so loved Corrie Ten Boom's story, "The Hiding Place"...what a powerful testimony still today. The Holocaust was as terrible and horrible as it gets, and yet we do not know what the future may hold for many still in the world as the end draws near. Praying for the Lord to return soon, but also praying for many more souls to be saved first. Thank you for this reminder to pray for our leaders and world powers...that this Holocaust will never happen again.

Connie said...

I can't even imagine how awful it must have been in a concentration camp. This scripture is reassuring.

BCAUSEHELIVES.blogspot.com said...

I cannot imagine what the Holocaust was, and it literally breaks my heart to read about it. I too am thankful for Corrie that she was able to give the Word out even in those horrible situations. Thank you for this reminder how blessed we are in America.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such an evil and black time. Thank you for remembering this for all of us.

Debby Ray said...

I love learning about how the Lord works through the most horrible circumstances! Thanks for sharing, Karen :)

Aritha said...

Thanks for sharing that. Sharing also this one with you: "I have experienced His presence in the deepest hell that man can create. I have really tested the promises of the Bible, and believe me, you can count on them."

Ida said...

Both of these women were amazing.

Red Rose Alley said...

"The blacker the night around us grew, the brighter and truer and more beautiful burned the word of God" .........I simply love that saying. : )

~Sheri

Blog Archive