Saturday, April 8, 2017

Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.
The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be.
 It may seem to be much worse, 
but in the end it’s going to be a lot better and a lot bigger.
Don’t dig up in doubt what you planted in faith.
God has promised to supply all our needs.
 What we don’t have now, we don’t need now.
Fear arises when we imagine that everything depends on us.

If you believe in a God who controls the big things, 
you have to believe in a God who controls the little things.
Elisabeth Elliot
I got to hear Elisabeth Elliot in person years ago. I have always admired her and her husband, Jim Elliot, missionaries to Ecuador in 1956.

8 comments :

Mildred said...

Very comforting quote. I hope you will have a nice evening. Love you.

Rose said...

Wonderful quotes...sure need to take some of them to heart, because I know they are true.

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what a blessing to have heard Elisabeth in person! She has always been an inspiration to me and I have greatly appreciated her love for the Lord. Thanks for these wonderful quotes.

Hugs to you!

Sandra said...

I just came from reading Mildreds post about prayer working, the two of you have written to very uplifting post today.

Mary Hutchins said...

Enjoyed reading this wonderful lady's words! Thanks for sharing.

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you were able to hear Elizabeth in person. I always think something is much more relatable and connects you on a deeper level when you hear something in person. Hope you have a great upcoming week. xo Diana

Connie said...

I like these quotes--very inspirational.

Red Rose Alley said...

Karen, I really needed to hear these quotes today. Thank you for sharing them.

I hope you have a very nice Easter.

~Sheri

Blog Archive