Thursday, April 6, 2017

Blowing Bubbles


Kids just seem to come into this world knowing that rain puddles are for stomping, steps are for leaping off of, bath water is for splashing on the floor, and a straw in milk is for blowing bubbles.

As I got older, I stopped blowing bubbles in the milk, but the Bible says I never have to stop bubbling over with joy.

May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing - bubbling over with hope. Romans 15:13 Amplified

12 comments :

Patsy said...

A really cute way to put it.
Hope your day is full of joy.

Mildred said...

I love the Bible verse and you jogged my memory about all the "fun" stuff from childhood! I think we all blew bubbles in our milk! lol Love you.

Sandra said...

I love this comparison... I have not thought about blowing bubbles for many years.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Karen, I loved this so. We should be silly like children once in awhile. This reminds me of the Pink bottles of bubbles that children blow out into the air. : )

~Sheri

NanaDiana said...

Love the way you wrote this, Karen. Oh--that we may never stop bubbling over with joy!! xo Diana

Dianna said...

Wonderful things about childhood. My favorite was always stomping in the mud puddles. :)

Nonnie said...

Now I really like this because it's so true! And one of my favorite scriptures, too.

Susie said...

Karen, I love that God wants us to have joy. I try to find some joy everyday. Oh our clouds left, the sun came out and now some clouds are looking black, maybe the snow we were warned about. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Carla from The River said...

I love this, Karen. You are so right, rain puddles are for stomping, steps are for leaping and for sure a straw is for blowing bubbles.

Happy Easter my friend,
Carla

Rose said...

I can remember that, too...and I still love to blow bubbles with Lorelei. Thank you so much for reminding me of fun things. I continue to pray for you...

Connie said...

Sweet post. I hope you have a wonderful day!

L. D. said...

Amen, thanks Karen.

Blog Archive