Friday, February 24, 2017

Treasure Hunter

I took this pic at the Pirate Display at Union Station, Kansas City, int 2012.
I was reading a story about a modern-day treasure hunter who put his life savings into looking for a sunken cargo ship. He had done a lot of research and was sure he had figured out where the ship had sunk so many years ago.

A distraction occurred when he stumbled upon a few bars of silver, and stopped seven miles short of where he was originally headed. He then went into debt and spent fruitless years scouring that area but finding nothing else.

At length, he decided to go to his original destination, and there he found the sunken ship with millions of dollars in gold and silver still in the original treasure chests.

Father, You have called me to love You and love the treasure you place right in front of me every day. I pray that I don't detour from any plan other than Your original Treasure Map!

May your spiritual experience become richer as you see more and more fully God's great secret, Christ Himself! For it is in Him and in Him alone, that men will find all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:3

12 comments :

Mildred said...

Good Morning. Thank you for sharing that story and for the verse today. I also love the piano video on your side bar. I wish you a very happy Friday. xo

Sandra said...

every single choice we make is a direction that changes where our lives go.. some good and some bad. I have heard people complain about what life has done to them and I can see where each choice they made did it, not life...

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh yes, sometimes we stop short and don't let the Lord take us all the way into His deepest, richest treasure trove of LOVE for us. Thank you for reminding us to keep reaching deeper into the love of Christ...and we will be the richest people ever!!

Red Rose Alley said...

There's something so fun and mysterious about a sunken treasure chest (love this picture by the way). But the treasures that God gives us are far greater than any other.

Have a wonderful weekend, Karen.

~Sheri

Connie said...

I like this analogy. The story illustrated the verse well. Have a nice weekend!

Walking the Bean said...

Thx you for this great story and passage. Paul also talks about both wisdom and knowledge in Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of the world but transform by renewing your mind." Sometime these patterns are our "distraction". Have a blessed weekend.

Theresa said...

Good Sunday morning dear Karen! What a great story and verse! Enjoy your day, HUGS!

Sandi said...

I like this. Life is a treasure hunt!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for the story. I am going to share it with my boys.
Carla

L. D. said...

It is a good story. Thanks for sharing it.

Saleslady371 said...

Great little story reminding me that the Lord is always willing and always there all I have to do is believe He is right in front of me guiding me to His perfect plan. Oh, I want to be 100 percent dependent on Him!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!
Blessings,
Mary

Dianna said...

Karen, what a beautiful post. Our closeness to the Lord does cause us to grow richer and richer.

Blog Archive