Thursday, February 2, 2017

Losers and Winners

Have you ever been called, "Loser"? People called Jesus a loser!

Luke 23:35 tells us that "People stood by, looking on. And even the rulers were sneering at Him, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if this is the Christ of God, His Chosen One."
Satan had convinced people of a lie. In reality, Jesus' life was not taken from Him; He gave His life willingly so that we can be winners! Then He rose victoriously from the grave and ascended to His Father.

The devil would also like to convince believers that we are losers, but we know that even when we fall, God gives us the strength to get back up!


The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand. Psalm 37:23-24

Princes and paupers
Sons and daughters
Kneel at the throne of grace
Losers and winners
Saints and sinners
One day will see his face
And we'll all bow down
Kings will surrender their crowns
And worship Jesus
He is the Love of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BNzoC938M

11 comments :

Marydon said...

AMEN stamped all over your lovely write, Karen.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Clif said...

Nobody has ever called me a loser but I have thought that I was. Thank you for this powerful reminder of who we are in Christ.

Denise said...

Amen sis.

Dianna said...

Very well written, Karen. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sandra said...

I am with Clif, no one called me loser but I have called myself that many many times. beautiful and so true post

NanaDiana said...

I think that is one of the worst things that kids say to one another---when the call someone a loser. Many times those words haunt a person for life. xo Diana

Linda said...

This is such a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing.

Mildred said...

Good Afternoon, Thank you for sharing this reassuring Bible passage. I hope you and Kaedyn have a nice afternoon.

Mary Hutchins said...

Amen, victory is ours through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So beautiful. I especially loved the song...haven't heard that in a long time, and it really touched my heart. Thank you. We are all winners in Christ Jesus...there are NO losers in His eyes!! Praise God!!!

Rose said...

I don't ever remember being called a loser, but I have felt that way about myself. Yesterday a devotional I get as ready Psalm 139...I will try to remember it from now on when I start feeling bad about myself.

Blog Archive